Tuesday, February 23, 2010

[ monkeys ]

I like it when you touch me, you said
it's because we're social
animals like monkeys
bug-picking comforting
skin-stroking family.
I'll write you into
my story, you said
I don't think I'm exciting enough
for you anymore.
It's the other way around, you thought
I'm too damn entertaining for
everyone.
It's easy, you tell me, like math
and love. I can't do one and
I'm bad at the other.
Maybe I'll call you over
tonight,
watch your skin sleep next to mine.
Make conversation. Pick
bugs out of my heart.

2 comments:

somethingrichandstrange said...

beautiful. i've re-read this several times now, and its somehow more poignant each time.
i've been reading you for years, (and here i must admit to a degree of envy in addition to the admiration). this, in my humble opinion, is your best work. on this blog at least : )

blueroses said...

thank you, much appreciated.